The CSPA Executive is responsible for providing parent representation on Ottawa Catholic School Board Committees. CSPA representatives on board committees may be CSPA Executive members, CSPA members, or any member of a school council.
These committees include:
- Indigenous Advisory Education Committee: enables your voice to be heard and help our Board meet the educational needs of our students by providing appropriate and supportive programming.
- Calendar Committee: meets early each new year to determine the school year calendar for the following school year. This includes the first day of school, PD days, Christmas Holidays, and March Break. The committee has representatives from all sectors - principals, teachers, support staff, parents, students and administration.
- Catholic Education Foundation of Ottawa (CEFO): A registered charity whose objective is to raise funds to counter the effects of poverty on students within the English Catholic schools in the City of Ottawa.
- Environmental Stewardship Committee:meets several times a year to translate environmental concerns into action through building resources, forming coalitions and challenging schools and their communities to get involved in preserving our planet and future.
- Our Catholic Schools: made up of representatives from the board, archdiocese, parish community, school, parents, and students. The committee is responsible for supporting Catholic Education in our Board.
- Parent Involvement Committee (PIC): focused on parent engagement in the Board. Funds from the Ministry of Education include $500 for each school council; base funding for regional activities and support for Regional and Parents Reaching Out grants (max $1,000).
- Creating Pathways to Success: a Student Success Department initiative. The focus is on student success in our schools.
- Policy and Procedures: steering committee usually meets once a year in the spring. In January/February, the superintendents submit revisions and new policies to the Deputy Director of Education for review by the committee.
- Safe, Inclusive, and Accepting Schools: includes staff, union representatives, superintendents, trustees, and parents. The focus is on safety in all our schools for students, staff, and visitors.
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC): makes recommendations to the Board in respect of any matter affecting the establishment, development and delivery of special education programs and services for exceptional pupils of the board.
- United Way Committee: includes numerous stakeholders in the Board supporting the OCSB United Way Ottawa campaign.