The 3 C's of School Councils
Use this as a discussion starter at an upcoming school council meeting!
- Focus on student success
- Clear understanding of roles and responsibilities
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Members who have developed mutual trust and respect for one another
- Key to strong partnerships and an effective school council
- Good communication — sharing, talking, listening and distributing information to the entire parent community
- The Ottawa Catholic School Board is responsible for providing support (principals) to school councils and is interested in getting feedback from school councils on areas of interest to parents. The Board has a valued relationship with the Catholic School Parents’ Association (CSPA). The CSPA sits on a number of Board committees that require parental input; including Safe and Inclusive Schools, Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) and Pathways for Success.